OK time for the granola cereal recipe. Sadly, I will be giving it to off memory because my computer failed to save it (probably user error). This should help you a lot though and of course you can adapt it to your own family. I am sorry on the delay for this post. Since there was a delay don’t forget to look for the clues to the giveaway mystery box.
- 2 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips (as many or as few as you want).
- In a saucepan on medium warm the peanut butter, agave nectar, and brown sugar till it is almost liquid. Make sure you stir constantly or it will burn.
- Line a baking pan with wax paper or foil.
- Mix oats and liquid mix in the pan. This is best done with your hands.
- Put chocolate chips on top.
- Press entire compact.
- As for baking I baked at 350 for 35 minutes and put in refrigerator over night.
- Once they have set just pull up the wax paper and it will begin to crumble.
I am not sure how long this will store in a ziplock bag as my kids ate it all in a week. It cost about the same as a box of cereal and I knew exactly what was in it. I may not have got my granola bars but the cereal was a fantastic mistake. A small amount in milk fills my kids up quickly. I also gave them some dry and it seemed to be a nice energy perk while we played at the park.