Tonight we got home from the grocery store to late to thaw out meat. I needed a quick and easy dinner and did not want to resort to sandwiches, so I got creative. I made egg muffins and added my girls favorite items. They gobbled them up. I was going to try to freeze the extra but they ate them all. Egg Muffins are less messy alternative to regular eggs. G (who is 1) was able to eat eggs and not feed the floor. These would also be great to pop in the oven one morning when you are running behind because the kids could eat them in the car. Don’t like the ingredients? Just like an omelet you can change it up.
Makes 10 muffins ** Serving size = 2 muffins ** Calories 156 Per Serving
- 8 medium eggs
- 1 oz spinach, finely chopped
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 slice of 97% Fat Free Great Value Ham Lunch Meat (thick cut), finely chopped
- Mix everything together in one bowl.
- Pour a little less than 1/4 cup of mixture into greased muffin cups.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until firm.
Simple, easy, cheap, and can be made with just about anything! Hope you enjoy!
Money saving tips for this recipe:
- Buy cheese on a block and shred it yourself.
- Buy muffin/cupcake liners after the holidays on sale. My kids love having their Egg Muffins in heart liners.
- Use what you have already and change it up.