Today’s recipe was thrown together with what I had in my pantry. I will put the brands I used because your nutritional information will vary slightly. Plus I want moms to see you can eat healthy for cheap. I am very pleased with how it turned out!
- 1/2 Bag Wide Egg Noodles (I used Cover Valley/Dollar General)
- 2 Large Carrots Chopped
- 2 Medium Stick Celery Chopped
- 1 Can of Corn ( I used Albertsons Brand)
- 1 Can of Peas ( I used Albertsons Brand)
- 2 Boxes Chicken Broth-Fat Free/Low Sodium ( I used Great Value)
- 12 oz of turkey breast chopped up
Here comes the easiest part! Place all the items in the crock pot, stir, cover and cook on high for 4 hours. My family likes the noodle really soggy. If yours doesn’t then I would add the noodles 30 minutes before its done. Next time I make it I will do it over night to test low on 8 hours but I bet that will work too. If you try it that way please let me know the outcome.
The family’s review was great! The kids asked for 2 bowls. I can never deny them more veggies!
Serving 1 cup ~ Makes about 12 Servings ~ Calories 126 ~ Carbs 20 ~ Fiber 2 ~ Protein 9 ~ Iron 8 ~ Sugars 5