All I can say is YUMMY! I had never made homemade spaghetti sauce. The thought had crossed my mind but I thought it would be daunting. Easy as can be. I started with a recipe from SkinnyTaste and made it my own. This is really simple and feeds a lot. I will have left overs and some to freeze for this family of 5.
Serving Size 1/2 cup **Calories 120 **Fat 4g**Carb 9.5 g **Fiber 2.5 g ** Sugar 4 g** Protein 15 g** Sodium 457mg
- 2 Large Cans (28oz) of crushed Tomatos
- Fresh Herbs: Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Parsley
- 7 Garlic Cloves
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb Turkey Sausage
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- Chopped Onion
- In a skillet brown the turkey sausage and ground turkey with onion and herbs. I also added a minced garlic clove to the meat as I browned it. Drain
- In crock pot add both cans of tomatoes. If you think it is too chunky for for family blend one can till smooth in the blender.
- Add herbs and onion. This is to your own taste. Again if your family is like mine you can take 1/2 or all (I did half) and but in the blender with some sauce till smooth. Same great taste and the picky family never knows. 🙂
- Toss in the garlic. Make sure you peel the outside off.
- Add meat.
- Let cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I am not a tomato fan so I worried if I would like this and I LOVE it! Watch tomorrow for the recipe to make the meatballs pictured. Enjoy!
Note: Please forgive the picture. My camera is missing and I had to use my phone